Saturday 25 October 2014

Character: Design Research

Design Research

As my game will be inhabiting anthropomorphic characters, semi-realistic surroundings and powerful enemies, I decided to look into a existing games I believe could really influence my own ideas and give a better understanding to the design route I wish to take.


Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus



The Ratchet and Clank franchise was something I really enjoyed in my childhood. It's overall design, detail and connection towards the characters that you meet is something that kept me hooked in every game. It's something like this that I want for my game, keeping you interested with the design but with a meaningful story that the player can also relate too and learn from.


Thief (4)


What really caught my eye when I saw Thief during E3 was its amazing detail and how it is set in an medieval, Victorian/ steampunk environment; similar to that too the Industrial Revolution. During this gameplay trailer, you are shown how much thinking goes into every stealth mission Garret (The thief) goes into. From lights to heights. Something to consider for my game.


Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time


The Sly Cooper franchise has a strong connection with anthropomorphic characters. What I want to pick up from this game is the game play itself. The third person view with the feel you aren't just playing a character, but you're playing an animal as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment