Friday 30 October 2015

Minor Project: Silver - Hat Designs and Hands Update

Silver
Hat Designs and Hands Update

This evening I was able to further design Silver. As she is a character from a fairytale universe, originating from the 1800's from modern folklore; the theory of her wearing a modern snapchat did not seem right at all. So I have tried to design one if it were made around that time. Leather, stitching and buckles.


I also improved the 'believability' of her hands, so I decreased their size while moving them lower towards the wrist. I also believe her outfit is working.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you're getting onto this, but the key thing re. those big silver hands is a) to make sense of the way in which they transition into her wrist/arm area - as they can't look like gloves, they need to look as if they've 'come' from her arms, as opposed to been 'attached' to them - and b) to convey that they're powerful but not 'heavy' - if they were heavy, she couldn't move them, and she'd fall over - so you need to visually explain that they're 'energy hands' as opposed to 'physical hands' - if you see what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup on it. I think I can show all this by her action pose, definitely. That is mainly my only worry with her as a character.

    ReplyDelete