After refining the line art for my redesigned main character Fenix, I decided to explore potential ideas for her clothing. I prefer numbers (1) and (4).
I wanted some colours on her outfit to come from the world she lives in. So after finding a run down factory photo off Google, I used these colours as the foundation to base them upon.
- Green is the color of balance and growth. It can mean both self-reliance as a positive and possessiveness as a negative, among many other meanings.
- Blue is the color of trust and peace. It can suggest loyalty and integrity as well as conservatism and frigidity.
- Black is the color of the hidden, the secretive and the unknown, creating an air of mystery. It keeps things bottled up inside, hidden from the world.
- Orange is the color of social communication and optimism. From a negative color meaning it is also a sign of pessimism and superficiality.
- Red is the color of energy, passion, action, ambition and determination. It is also the color of anger and sexual passion.