Monday 2 December 2013

Secret Lairs: Digital Set - Blocking Out & Lighting

Block Out and Simple Lighting Model
720p

During this afternoons Photoshop/Maya lesson, Jordan showed me with the idea of blocking out my scene before I start refining detail in things within Maya and textures. The shrubbery was created use the Maya brushes. I realized that I needed to create a ''scene'' instead of the basic floating objects. This aloud me to get form present within the camera set up.



Above, basic lighting tests and adjustments.


At first I grounded my model, so nothing was higher than it should be. After which we decided that the composition needed wok, therefore adding bulky shapes to suggest forms. The scene itself in a natural environment, therefore I needed to have a natural, 'non-smooth' surface(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment