Thursday 26 September 2013

Cinematic Spaces: First Experience of Digital Painting


On Monday, (23th September) I had my first ever lesson painting in Photoshop.
To get used to the Wacom and the software itself, I experimented with the feel of the pen and the stroke of the brushes.



Moving on from experimenting with the brushes, I used a template to get some basic layout designs. These are very rough and my very first layouts digitally. I painted over the whole canvas with the range of toned brushes and then worked individually on each tile. Some are mainly landscapes but in a few I have added silhouettes.



I really enjoyed the Photoshop lesson and I am looking forward to the next one.
To continue with my landscape thumbnails, I will be drawing them traditionally in my sketchbook.

2 comments:

  1. love those thumbnails, Heidi - first time on a tablet - very encouraging! Just remember to number your thumbnails, so people can zone in on faves quickly and without confusion; for example, I really like the 3rd image in from the left on the second row - but it would have been quicker for me to type 'No 8' :)

    ReplyDelete